Chelseas Ramires Accepts FA Charge, Gets Four-Match Ban
Posted by: Omaku Cephas on April 24, 2014
Chelsea midfielder Ramires is to serve four-game ban after accepting the Football Association (FA) charge of violent conduct.
The Brazilian midfielder was earlier on Wednesday charged for violent conduct following an off-the-ball incident that was not seen by the match official but caught on tape.
The video footage was reviewed by a three-man panel of ex-Premier League referees.
The incident happened in the 42nd minute of Chelseas home loss to Sunderland on Saturday, April 19.
Ramires Receives Four-Match FA Ban for an Off-the-Ball Violent Conduct During Chelseas Premier League Fixture Against Sunderland on 19 April.
The ban includes three games for this offence plus an additional game for his sending off at Villa Park last month, says the FA.
The midfielder is likely to miss the Bluess visit to leaders, Liverpools Anfield on Sunday- a potential league title decider-, Norwichs Carrow Road and Cardiff Citys visit to Stamford Bridge, plus the clubs first match in the forthcoming season.
Ramires is one of three members of Chelseas staff charged for improper conduct by the FA.
Assistant manager Rui Faria was charged with two count misconduct for using abusive and/or insulting words towards the fourth official in the 83rd minute of the fixture. Faria watched the closing seven minutes of the match away from the dugout, after being sent to the stands by referee Mike Dean.
Jose Mourinho was charged in respect of his post-match comments, where he had congratulated the match referee.
The FA said: The comments constitute improper conducts in that they question the integrity of the referee appointed to the above fixture an/or the integrity of Mr. Mike Riley, General Manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) and/or bring the game into disrepute.
Both Faria and Mourinho has until 6pm on Monday, 28 April each to respond to the charges.